It’s estimated that 50 million people in the United States suffer from allergies. Many dismiss the symptoms as indications of the common cold. The team here at Test Smartly Labs can help make the determination and guide your doctor in properly addressing the problem.
Differentiating Common Cold and Allergies
There are some telltale signs that your symptoms more likely stem from allergies than the common cold, and our results can help make that determination. Before you schedule your appointment, consider the following questions:
- Do your symptoms last for long periods of time?
- Do symptoms occur without a fever?
- Do you experience itchiness in your nose and eyes?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, allergy testing is a good place to start. Allergies can easily be confused with asthma and illness. When improperly diagnosed and addressed, you’re subject to missing unnecessary time at work and losing out on free time with friends and family. We offer a variety of testing options to determine what type of allergies you have including:
- Food allergy testing
- Environmental allergy testing
- Mold testing
- Seasonal allergy testing
We test for just about everything out there so you can get to the bottom of your problems. Come to Test Smartly Labs to get the answers you need for a happier and healthier you. Call today or stop by for more information.
Allergy Panels At Test Smartly Labs
- Allergy: Food Profile (Beef, Pork, Fish/Shellfish, Peanuts, Soybeans, Wheat, Milk, Eggs, Chocolate & Corn)
- Allergy: Fish Profile (Codfish, Halibut, Mackerel, Perch, Salmon, Trout & Tuna)
- Allergy: Shellfish Profile (Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Clam, Oyster & Scallops)
- Allergy: Nuts (Almond; Brazil Nut; Cashew; Hazelnut/Filbert; Peanut; Pecan nut & Walnut)
- Allergy: Grains (Wheat, Barley, Whole Grain; Corn; Oats; Rice; Rye)
- Allergy: Dairy (Casein; Cheese, Blue (mold cheese); Cheddar; Cow’s Milk; Lactalbumin, Alpha-;Lactaoglobulin)
- Allergy: Mold (Alternaria tenuis; Aspergillus fumigatus; Aureobasidium pullulans; Candida albicans; Cladosporium herbarum; Epicoccum purpurascens; Fusarium moniliforme; Helminthosporium halodes; Hormodendrum hordei; Mucor racemosus; Penicillium notatum; Phoma betae; Stemphylium botryosum)
- Allergy: Fall Weeds (Cocklebur; English plantain; goldenrod; kochia (firebush); lamb’s quarters; marsh elder, rough; mugwort;pigweed, rough; ragweed, false; ragweed, common/short; lenscale; wormwood/sagebrush; yellow dockweed)
- Allergy: Summer Grasses (Alternaria tenuis; Bahia grass; Bermuda grass; Cladosporium herbarum; fescue, meadow; Johnson grass; Kentucky bluegrass (June grass); Mucor racemosus; rye grass, perennial; Timothy)
- Allergy: Vegetable (Broccoli; Cabbage; Cauliflower; Celery; Cucumber; Lettuce; Spinach)