Hepatitis C Testing
Hepatitis C is an infection caused by a virus that targets the liver and causes inflammation. It’s easy to spread, requires a medical diagnosis, and can go undetected easily. Those who are infected may experience:
- Pain in abdominal area
- Loss of appetite
- Yellowing of skin and eyes
- Swollen blood vessels
- Unexplained weight loss
Who Should Get Tested?
Due to its ease in spreading, the most effective way to reduce problems associated with this disease is for people to stay informed. Those who are at a higher risk of hepatitis C include:
- Current and former drug users who use(d) needles
- People with multiple sex partners
- People with infected sex partners
- People on hemodialysis for long periods due to kidney failure
- Recipients of blood transfusion or organ transplants before July 1992
- People infected with HIV
Here at Test Smartly Labs, we know it can be scary to find out you have a disease like hepatitis C. However, once you know, you can take the necessary steps to manage it and reduce adverse health effects. Call to schedule your hepatitis C testing today.