Federal Railroad Administration Testing
According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, the railroad industry has succeeded in tripling ton-miles while reducing the system mileage required to transport it. While these efficiencies have aided in the rapid expansion of technology and commerce we enjoy, train accidents have received a lot of negative attention in recent years. Just a few of the high-profile cases you may have heard of include:
- July 2013 explosion in Quebec that killed 47 people
- Ten major derailments of trains transporting crude oil in the United States and Canada between 2013 and 2014
- Philadelphia Amtrak crash in 2015 recently ruled to be the fault of the engineer operating at 106 mph in a 50 mph zone
Reducing Accidents with Federal Railroad Administration Testing
The Federal Railroad Administration was created in response to the Department of Transportation Act of 1966, and it works to ensure these types of accidents are kept at a minimum. One such way they maintain safe operations is to require drug and alcohol testing across the industry. Test Smartly Labs keeps up with the latest mandates, and we’re here to ensure you remain in compliance.
Chain-of-Custody You Can Count On
You can rest assured specimens are carefully tracked. If you’re required to provide testing histories for your employees, we make it simple to provide the documents required. Our chain-of-custody clearly shows who handled your specimens every step of the way. We’re here to help you:
- Maintain trust with your stakeholders
- Provide necessary services safely and efficiently
- Reduce accidents, injuries, and fatalities
A sound mind is critical when operating trains, and Test Smartly Labs is here to help you stay in compliance with FRA testing regulations and keep risks minimal. Call today to schedule an appointment.